Opening Your Storefront for Business
Visit your storefront’s dashboard (https://shopmainstreetonline.com/wp-admin) and select Vendor Profile from the left column.
Remember to Review Each Tab for Settings Relevant to Your Shop. Fill in fields completely under each tab. View your store as you save steps so you can see if your header image, avatar, links, description and settings both look good and make sense to your customers.
Tip: People are reading your store’s description on this site and in your Google search results. Write your description in a way that uses your keyword phrase for SEO reasons and written in a such a way as the reader in Google will want to click through. Make a compelling reason and call to action in your description.
Custom Shipping Routines
You must configure shipping for your storefront. If you fail to complete your shipping configuration, orders will come through without any payment for shipping, but you will still be required to ship the product(s) ordered.
Shop Main Street Online allows storefronts to be configured for most types of scenarios. Experiment with the shipping options to find the combination that works best for your sales, customers and processes.
- Default Shipping Price: amount added by default when the cart includes at least one product
- Per Product Additional Price: amount added when the cart includes an additional product different from the one previously added
- Per Qty Product Additional Price: additional amount for each product of the same type added to cart
- Processing time: average time spent to process and ship the orders. It’s showed on product detail page (with shipping and refund policy)
- Shipping and Refund Policy: information showed to user inside the product detail page
Get in the habit of always viewing your changes in your storefront so you always know what the buyer sees and if the information provided will help the buyer to decide to buy your products.
Shipping Zones and Methods
Shop Main Street Online is ONLY for America, so the Shipping From dropdown should always be set to United States.
Shipping Areas must be setup with at least one Zone and one Shipping Method. You may configure as many as needed throughout your store.
Your settings should have at least one Zone for US, but you may add Zones for states or zip codes for additional shipping or local pickup possibilities.