The Yellowstone Pledge is a personal promise you can make to yourself and the park. It can be taken anywhere: it doesn’t need to be taken out loud or in front of anyone. Tag #YellowstonePledge and encourage others to do the same.
– To be a steward and help protect myself and the park, I pledge to:
– Practice safe selfies by never approaching animals to take a picture.
– Stay on boardwalks in thermal areas.
– Protect hot springs by not throwing anything into them.
– Park in designated areas and avoid blocking traffic.
– Stay with my car if I’m stuck in a wildlife jam.
– Travel safely in bear country by carrying bear spray, making noise, and hiking in groups.
– Keep my food away from animals.
– Recycle what I can and put my garbage in bear-proof containers.
– Tell a ranger, or call 911, if I see someone whose behavior might hurt them or the park.
Thanks for taking the pledge and showing your dedication to Yellowstone!