Community is at the heart of all we do at Shop Main Street Online. Shop Main Street Online social shopping members use community spaces to inspire each other, share knowledge, discuss ideas, and build relationships. Community spaces include the Forums, Groups, Friend Connections, Activity, Main Street Blog, Messaging and the Member Profiles.
1. Using Community Spaces
A community space is a public feature of Shop Main Street Online where members can interact with one another. Members who use any of the community spaces must be over 18 years old. In addition, to make sure that Shop Main Street Online continues to be a place that’s safe and respectful, you agree to comply with the following policies in all community spaces:
- Respect other members’ privacy. Don’t share private or personally identifying information in public areas of the site, and don’t spam.
- Be honest and transparent about who you are. Don’t use a fake identity.
- Be respectful towards other members. Don’t use community spaces to publicly disparage a specific member, shop, or item.
- Don’t use community tools or spaces to interfere with another member’s business.
- Don’t use community spaces to discuss coordinating pricing with other sellers.
- Don’t use community spaces to harass other members. Similarly, don’t post content in community spaces that may promote, support, or glorify hatred.
- Don’t publish or post threats of violence against others or promote or encourage others to engage in violence or illegal activity.
- Don’t engage in illegal activity or activity that infringes someone’s intellectual property, or encourage others to engage in that type of activity.
Shop Main Street Online reserves the right to take action against any account or content that violates this policy.
Continue reading below some additional policies that apply to you while using specific community spaces.
Forums are a public space on Shop Main Street Online where you can gather with members of our community to discuss anything you would like to talk about.
By using Shop Main Street Online’s Forums feature, you acknowledge that:
- Your posts in the Forums are permanent (unless they are deleted by Shop Main Street Online for violation of our policies).
- Your posts should be helpful, constructive, and encouraging when voicing dissent or criticism.
- Moderators may take certain actions to keep the Forums organized and helpful for everyone. Such actions are not up for public discussion.
- Shop Main Street Online reserves the right to remove any inappropriate content in the Forums at any time.
- You may lose your Shop Main Street Online Forums and Seller Handbook posting privileges if you violate any community policies.
You can connect with other Shop Main Street Online members who share similar interests through Groups.
By using Shop Main Street Online’s Groups feature, you acknowledge that:
- Shop Main Street Online is not responsible for or involved in a team’s membership policies, dues, finances, or any other actions.
- Groups that do not comply with Shop Main Street Online’s policies may be removed, and Shop Main Street Online reserves the right to remove a group for any reason.
- Shop Main Street Online will not mediate disputes between groups and outside parties, nor disputes between groups or group members.
- Shop Main Street Online will not monitor third-party forums or other independent group sites.
- Any use of the term “Shop Main Street Online,” other Shop Main Street Online Trademarks, or similar marks must comply with Shop Main Street Online’s Trademark Policy.
- A group may not use mature, profane, or racist language or images in the group’s name, banner, or logo.
- A group may not be used for the sole purpose of redirecting traffic to another web location. Shop Main Street Online reserves the right to remove links on any profile page or group page for any reason. Unsolicited promotion or advertisement from representatives or affiliates of outside services, websites, or other products is not allowed.
- A group must have one admin and may additionally have one or more leaders. Group moderation is the responsibility of the Group Admin.
- Group forums are subject to this Community Policy and may not be used to demonstrate or discuss disputes with other members or with Shop Main Street Online.
- A group may have a charter detailing membership requirements and expectations for the group. Group leadership is responsible for enforcing the group’s charter. A group’s description must abide by all of Shop Main Street Online’s policies, including our Terms and Conditions and Intellectual Property Policy.
- If a group chooses to use a dedicated item listing tag (also called a “group tag”), it must contain the word “group.” Shop Main Street Online will not mediate disputes regarding use of group tags on item listings.
4. Shop Main Street Online Local Directory
Shop Main Street Online Local Directory connects buyers with Shop Main Street Online sellers who sell services, are participating in fairs and markets in their area. Buyers can shop from sellers in person, supporting both the Shop Main Street Online community and their own local economies.
In order for your event to qualify for Shop Main Street Online Local Directory Events, it must be:
- Held at a physical location
- Open to the public
- A limited-time engagement
Here are some examples of events that can be promoted with Shop Main Street Online Local Directory:
- Craft fairs
- Pop-up shops
- Special events
The following are not eligible for Shop Main Street Online Local:
- Online/virtual events
- Art galleries or studios (unless your event will take place in an art gallery or studio)
- Brick and mortar stores (unless your event will take place in a brick and mortar store, like Small Business Saturday)
If you’re selling in person at your event, please refer to the Sell on Shop Main Street Online App Policy.